Ah! The Lucky Feng Shui Bamboo plant; it’s pretty sure that you’ve seen them. They’re quite famous and are everywhere. You might have noticed them at restaurants, shops, hotels, business places, your friend’s home etc.
Lucky bamboo plant is strong, grows very quickly, and also bounces back quickly. It represents upright growth, nobility, and flexibility. It also has a hollow stem, which represents an open, humble heart. However, lucky bamboo is actually not bamboo at all, but a type of Dracaena. Real bamboo is not meant to be cultivated as an indoor plant. However, because lucky bamboo is smaller, it can be used indoors, and because lucky bamboo looks a lot like real bamboo, it can be used interchangeably and shares the same meanings and symbolism in feng shui.
Lucky Bamboo Plant Care:
Alright, so taking care of the lucky bamboo plant in your home isn’t a tough job. They need very less care but you need to make sure that you’re doing a few things and avoiding others. Due to the low maintenance of lucky bamboo, they are very easy to care and grow. It can be grown in water or soil, and likes partial shade to diffused sunlight—just keep it out of direct sunlight to avoid burning the leaves. Water regularly if you’re growing it in soil, and change the water often if you’re growing it in water. Make sure that they don’t turn yellow. This might mean that the plant is root-bound and needs to be moved to a larger pot, or that it is getting too much sunlight. If you do notice a stalk that has died, be sure to remove it.
Some Do’s and Don’ts of Feng Shui
- Choose a vase that’s at least 2 inches wider than the plant.
- Adorn the vase with polished stones & pebbles. Apart from making the vase attractive, these stones will help keep the bamboo plant straight.
- Keep the plant inside your home.
- Lucky bamboo loves filtered or distilled water. If that’s not possible, then try using as much clean water as you can.
- If you notice the leaves turning yellow then let the water sit for whole night before using.
- Cut yellow leaves immediately.
- Replace the water at least once in 15 days.
- Never over water the plant.
- Never under water the plant.
- Bamboo hates direct (too strong) sunlight; hence it’s to be avoided.
- Avoid clutter, dust, dirt and anything negative near the plant.
Best Placement of Lucky Bamboo Plant According to Fen Shui
Much like anything else in feng shui, the placement of lucky bamboo plant is extremely crucial. Crucial because, if placed correctly, the lucky bamboo plant can really help attract tons and tons of positive energy in the house.
Below mentioned are 2 vital areas where you can locate or place the feng shui lucky bamboo plant:
When placed in East, the lucky bamboo plant helps attract awesome health for family members.
SE is the zone of money & wealth. Hence, a bamboo plant here will help strengthen the finance & bring in more money in to the family.
Apart from these directions, you can also place the Feng Shui plant in the following places at home.
Xun, the Wealth Corner
Lucky bamboo or Feng shui can help create an environment to attract prosperity, wealth and abundance. The art of According to the old masters of Feng shui, the practice will not bring in money but will create a conducive space in your home and office to attract and strengthen the energies of wealth and prosperity. You have to strive for the prosperity and Feng shui supports you in your efforts. The art of Feng shui will promote the flow of luck, health, love and of course wealth.
- To attract more prosperity, place three or nine stalks of lucky bamboo in the wealth corner, or Xun position, of your home, workspace, or bedroom.
- To find the wealth corner, stand at the front entrance of your home or room and locate the far-left corner.
- Place your lucky bamboo here with the intention of continued growth and expansion in your finances.
Kun, the Relationships Corner
Placing lucky bamboo in the relationships corner (Kun) can help support your intention of a harmonious relationship between you and your current or future partner. Feng Shui, or Chinese Geomancy, is a traditional form of correcting the flow of energy with proper placement of furniture, decor, and structure in your home, office, or other living space to create balance, health, and harmony. Many techniques focus on health and wealth, but creating and maintaining loving relationships are also a big part of the picture! To find the relationships area of your home, stand at the front door facing in, and locate the far right corner of your home.
- Place a vase of water in this area with two stalks of lucky bamboo: one to represent you, and one to represent your partner.
- It’s best if the two stalks are similar in size, which symbolizes a balanced relationship between you and your partner.
- As you do this, set the intention that your two stalks of lucky bamboo will support a harmonious relationship, and that the two of you will grow together.
Near the Entry
Lucky bamboo is connected to the wood element, which represents growth, new beginnings, and family harmony. Try placing a lucky bamboo plant near the entry of your home to bring in any of these aspects in your life. The entry of your home is how energy comes into your life, so this is a great area to activate with lucky bamboo.
On Your Desk
In feng shui, your desk represents your career, work, and your path in life. If you need more growth in your work, a lucky bamboo plant on your desk can help inspire growth and expansions in your career.
Recommended Read: 10 Lucky Plants that Bring Health, Wealth, and Happiness to Your Home