This is the 21st century, the world of technology. An era where technology thrives and becomes an integral part of human lives. Mankind has used technology to learn better and to prosper faster. Today there are a number of devices available that help you make your life easier like your smartphone, laptops, Bluetooth devices, etc. There are many smart devices available in the market to make your daily hassles a piece of cake and today we are going to talk about the best smart home devices of 2020.
These smart home devices mentioned under this list have passed certain criteria and have made it to the list. So without further ado let’s get started
1. Best smart security camera: Arlo Pro 3
The best choice for home security
Arlo Pro 3 rules the market of a smart security camera. This is the best choice for the ones who are pretty serious about their home security. Some of the key features of Arlo Pro 3 are-
- 160-degree field of view
- Perfect night vision
- Automatic zooming up to 12x and motion tracking
- 2K resolution with control through web
- Built-in siren
- Easy to install, pocket friendly with a sleek design
Although there is a monthly based subscription fee which is quite affordable, Arlo Pro 3 still has the best stand amongst the regular smart security cameras.
2. Best smart lighting: Philips Hue
Bulbs that change color lighting effects as per the occasion? That must be some crazy idea, right?
No, it’s not just a crazy idea anymore. With the help of one of the smart home devices, smart lighting you can control the lights of your house with just your smartphone or other home devices. There are many options available in the market for smart lighting but Philips Hue is the best according to our opinion. The classic brand among lights, Philips never fails to disappoint its customers and Philips hue proves just that. Some of the best features of Philips Hue are-
- Compatibility with any of your home devices like Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Siri, Apple home kit, Samsung SmartThings, and Nest.
- Constant updates from the company itself unlocking new features on every update.
- Easy installation and operation
- Users choice
- A bit over budget but loaded with excellent features
Smart devices for a home have been a crucial need of the current era, having them makes your life less complicated and fun. Imagine the comfort of being able to control the reins of your house over your voice only, even hearing that makes us relaxed after all we have got much more important things to do other than switching off bulbs all day.
3. Best smart plug: Belkin WeMo Insight Smart Plug
For the ones who wish to save some money on energy.
Trust me all of us want to control the amount we spend on energy bills. You may have already tried various methods to curb the bills but it has not been much effective, has it? Another of the best smart home devices is the smart plug, Belkin WeMo Insight smart plug. It’s a great option for us energy savers. Normally the plugs just control the devices plugged into it. But this one monitors the energy spent helping you to keep in check. That’s what makes Belkin WeMo Insight smart plug different from others.
- Compatible with all smart home platforms like Goggle assistant, Alexa, and Homekit
- Affordable and useful
- A great device to keep a check on energy usage
- Helps to form an estimate of your energy bills
4. Best smart speaker: Amazon Echo Studio
Experience that theatre vibes in your own home
Amazon is a new brand in comparison to the already big and established brands. But that doesn’t mean it’s not reliable. Amazon has gained the trust of thousands of people over recent years and has proved its worth. If we are talking about the best smart home devices then we have to have a talk about Amazon Echo Studio. It was blatantly accepted by the users that a smart home device cannot have a good quality sound. It was a problem until Amazon launched its Echo Studio. Here are some excellent features of Amazon Echo Studio-
- Cheaper as compared to other smart home platforms like Google Assistant and Apple
- Loaded with new features and much better than the other smart home platforms in certain cases like sound.
- Gives the user a theatre-like experience with its Dolby Atmos sound
- Amazon Echo Studio is truly the best of both worlds: quality and affordability. This is a really good purchase for you. Trust us.
5. Best smart smoke detector: Nest Protect
Alerts available even if you are on the other corner of the world
If you looking for the best smart home devices then a smart smoke detector should definitely have a place in your list. If we are talking smoke detectors the one on our list should certainly be unique right? Nest Protect is more than your regular smoke detector. A key feature of the Nest Protect smoke detector is
- Connectivity across the globe
- Great money value
- Easy installation and operation.
- Gives an elusive appearance
- Works with your router connection
5. Best smart doorbell: Eufy Video Doorbell
No maintenance and total control? Sign me in!
Eufy Video Doorbell is truly one of a kind smart home device. It has successfully proven itself on the three biggest parameters, money value, performance, and consistency. There are a variety of products in the market that also provide video doorbell but Eufy outranks them all. Some of the distinct features of Eufy Video Doorbell are-
- Battery operated
- Full control over the storage of videos as per the requirement of the user
- No subscription whatsoever
- Zero maintenance charges
- Compactible with the regular smart house platforms
- Easy installation
- Excellent 2K resolution
- Best for people living on rent as it’s a temporary device that can last up to six months.
6. Best smart lock: August Smart Lock Pro
Keep those intruders away from the smart way
Although it’s still a little over budget than what most people plan it’s totally worth every single penny. Home security is not a piece of cake, you understand this. That’s why even if you have to spend a few money dollars than you initially planned, don’t hesitate. Here are some features of August Smart Lock Pro that makes it different from others and worth your time and money-
- No need to remove the original deadbolt, just give it a quick update with August Smart Lock Pro
- Compatible with home platforms
- Well designed and easy installation
- Automatic features
- Strong and bulky
7. Best smart thermostat: Nest Thermostat
A quick upgrade to the original Nest Learning thermostat
From the trusted and loved parent company Nest, this smart thermostat is the new and upgraded version of the original Nest Learning Thermostat. Now you must be thinking what’s new in this model? To answer your simple question here are some features of Nest Thermostat E that make it different and better from the original version-
- Affordable and helps you save more
- Provides good heating without any problems on energy
- With original and new features
- Elegant design
- Smooth and modern display bar
- User friendly
7. Best smart display: Google Nest Hub Max
Wait did you just say speakers with LED screens?
Google Nest Hub Max is the game-changer of the current smart home quest. As they say, save the best for last, we did just that. Google Nest Hub Max is the revolution of the technological era. It is the bigger version of the original Goggle Hub but with an additional front camera and speaker. Some of the features of Hub Max are-
- Compatible with your home router making it an excellent Hi-Fi
- Sleek design
- Good quality of a speaker
- Watch videos as you are doing you regular chores
- Connected with your Google Assistant
- Operates on voice command too
- Music friendly speaker